Ford Pro, the global business and brand within Ford Motor Co. in Dearborn, today announced a suite of fleet management solutions designed to help make mountains of paperwork and endless spreadsheets a thing of the past for small business owners moving into a digital age.
The platform, which offers a one-stop shop of vehicles, software, charging services, and financing for commercial customers, adds Ford Pro Fleet Management Software, the suite’s flagship product.
The affordable, always-on flagship software program — available on a subscription basis for as low as $5 per month per vehicle — gives office administrators, business owners, and fleet managers a new tool to combat drawers and file folders brimming with paperwork that tracks important metrics on every vehicle in their fleets.
Built on software from provider Fleetio, the cloud-based, easy-to-manage system fully digitizes cost-related data and puts total cost of ownership at their fingertips.
“Small and medium businesses told us they need a suite of tools ranging from driver and vehicle tracking to title and registration to vehicle health and maintenance monitoring but simplified — all on one platform, so that’s why we developed Ford Pro fleet management solutions,” says Dave Prusinski, Ford Pro global chief revenue officer.
“Total cost of ownership is the most crucial piece of fleet-related data to business owners, and Ford Pro has invested significantly to scale software products typically reserved for large fleets, making them accessible to small and medium-sized businesses, completely flexible for their needs and budgets.”
The three primary fleet management products in the suite include:
Ford Pro Fleet Management Software
- Provides a flexible tracking system designed to monitor fuel usage costs and work with virtually any payment method a business might use
- Tracks important data on vehicles of any make, both Ford and non-Ford, as well as gas and electric models
- Optimizes vehicle cycle management
- Enables drivers to automate maintenance and repair tracking at more than 55,000 in-network repair facilities across the United States
- Is optimized for fleets of up to 150 vehicles
Ford Pro Title and Registration
- Helps business owners save time on registration and licensing management
- Provides a single point of contact to renew vehicle registrations
- Helps business owners manage vehicle title-related concerns such as transfer from state-to-state
Ford Pro Driver Risk Management
- Helps owners track crucial information on their fleet drivers
- Reports include comprehensive Motor Vehicle Record checks and monitoring, license expiration dates and violation point customization
The web-based system is available to individual drivers in a mobile app format, enabling them to input data while on the job. The program integrates with Ford Pro vehicle software such as Ford Pro Telematics to give business owners a broader view of important fleet vehicle information. Telematics is designed to help optimize fleet efficiency by tracking crucial information such as driver habits, real-time vehicle location and downtime.
Available add-ons to the base Ford Pro Fleet Management Software product include an equipment tracker, which helps keep tabs on costs associated with equipment such as lawn mowers, trailers and other power equipment, and a Garage Management System††, which helps owners manage parts and inventory.
For more information or to see a demo of Ford Pro Fleet Management Software, please visit FordPro.com.
In related news, Ford provided more details for its activities during the North American International Auto Show, which runs Sept. 14-25 at Huntington Place and Hart Plaza in downtown Detroit. The show offers attendees a fresh chance to get up close and personal with a slew of new Ford vehicles, including the all-new, seventh-generation Mustang that debuts Sept. 14 in Hart Plaza at 8 p.m. (EDT).
“As we kick off the next chapter of the Mustang story, this is also going to be the first opportunity many have had to experience F-150 Lightning and the Bronco Heritage,” says Suzy Deering, global chief marketing officer of Ford. “The return of the Detroit Auto Show is a great opportunity to interact with our customers and give them the opportunity to experience Ford’s incredible new vehicle lineup.”
The festivities begin Sept. 14 with The Stampede, a festival-inspired celebration of all things Mustang that culminates in the global reveal of the new Mustang, which will also be on display during the auto show’s public days at Huntington Place from Sept. 17-25.
Mustang fans, owners, and Ford employees who registered for The Stampede can meet at Ford World Headquarters with their Mustang vehicles and parade together to Hart Plaza in Detroit. (Those interested who have registered can also join the party directly at Hart Plaza.) The event will feature music, art, design, and eight food trucks ahead of the livestream. Food vouchers will be provided to the first 3,000 registered guests. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the live show starts at 8 p.m.
Those attending The Stampede are encouraged to wear attire inspired by their favorite period in Mustang history, from the 1960s through today, to celebrate every decade of the car’s existence. The top costumes will earn prizes, including a two-year lease of an all-new Mustang GT for the first place winner.
On the show floor, Ford will give attendees the chance to check out a wide range of vehicles, from trail-conquering off-roaders to innovative electric vehicles. The Detroit Auto Show lineup includes:
- F-150 Lightning, the innovative all-electric pickup that’s part of the Ford F-Series, America’s best-selling trucks for 45 years.
- Mustang Mach-E, an electric SUV.
- Bronco two- and four-door, including Bronco Heritage edition with styling cues from the 1966 original, and special edition off-roaders Bronco Raptor and Bronco Everglades.
- Bronco Sport, a rugged small SUV designed with unmistakable Bronco styling and off-road capability.
- Maverick, the versatile North American Truck of the Year winner with endless customization opportunities and smart technology.
- F-150 Raptor R, equipped with a supercharged V8 engine that makes it the most powerful production Raptor ever.
In turn, attendees Lincoln will debut the new 2023 Corsair. The display features:
- Lincoln Corsair, the brand’s best-selling vehicle, featuring athletic looks and new interior themes as well as ActiveGlide 1.2 hands-free advanced driver assistance system for highway driving. The plug-in hybrid Grand Touring model will also be on display.
- Lincoln Star, a concept that hints at the brand’s design language for future electric vehicles with its sleek, aerodynamic silhouette, and connected cabin experience.
- Lincoln Model L100, the brand’s visionary concept revealed as part of its 100th anniversary and imagined as an autonomous vehicle with an intelligent driving experience, connectivity and software-driven innovations.
The Detroit Auto Show provides an opportunity to bring unique Ford experiences to life and interact directly with customers. Attendees can hop in a Bronco SUV for a ride at the Built Wild Drive Track or experience the near-instant acceleration of F-150 Lightning. Ford also will show off its latest F-150 Raptor and Bronco Raptor models at the Dinosaur and Off-Road Vehicle Encounter, a walk-thru experience featuring animated life-size dinosaurs.
At its booth, Ford will host a series of scheduled 30-minute sessions featuring product demonstrations and Q&As with product specialists and Ford engineers. These include sessions on electric vehicles that will cover home charging solutions, route planning, and charging on the road, as well as Intelligent Backup Power for F-150 Lightning customers.
A Bronco session will demo vehicle features on the Built Wild Drive Track, while another will focus on connected technologies such as FordPass, Ford BlueCruise, Alexa Built-in, and Ford Power-Up software updates.
Additionally, the Ford display will host mixed and augmented reality displays that tackle a number of topics, such as a master class on the all-new Mustang, EV education, connected technology, and Ford Pro commercial vehicle services.
Dates for the 2022 Detroit Auto Show are:
— Media Day, Wednesday, Sept. 14
— AutoMobili-D and Industry Tech Days, Wednesday, Sept. 14 and Thursday, Sept. 15
— Charity Preview, Friday, Sept. 16 (6-11 p.m.)
— Public Show, Saturday, Sept. 17 through Sunday, Sept. 25