Ernst & Young (EY), a global organization specializing in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory fields which has a large practice in downtown Detroit, today announced this year’s winners of the Entrepreneur of the Year award in the Michigan and northwest Ohio region.
The winners for the Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 Michigan and northwest Ohio award include:
* Jan Akervall and Sassa Akervall — Akervall Technologies Inc. (Saline)
* David C. Dauch — American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. (Detroit)
* Chris McCuiston and Jenny McCuiston — Goldfish Swim School Franchising (Troy)
* Lon Offenbacher — Inteva Products (Troy)
* Brent Parent — Material Handling Services (Perrysburg, OH)
* Doug Armstrong — North Star Reach (Ann Arbor)
* Charles Stocking and Carol Stocking — Principle Business Enterprises Inc. (Bowling Green, OH)
* Chris Rizik — Renaissance Venture Capital Fund (Ann Arbor)
* Barry Spilman and Peter Osten — RPM (Royal Oak)
* Carla Walker-Miller — Walker-Miller Energy Services (Detroit)
Winners were selected by an independent judging panel that included previous award winners, CEOs, investors, and other regional business leaders. Entrepreneur of the Year recognizes business leaders in over 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
“EY has been recognizing leading entrepreneurs for over three decades,” says Debra von Storch, EY Americas Entrepreneur of the Year program director. “The class of winners in 2017 represent new ways of thinking, disruptive business models, and overall dynamism that make this country a great place to do business.”
The awards were presented at a special gala on June 21 at the Detroit Institute of Arts. Regional award winners are now eligible to compete for the Entrepreneur of the Year national program.
Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur of the Year overall national award winner, will be announced at the national awards gala in Palm Springs, Calif. on Nov. 18, 2017. The winner of the Entrepreneur of the Year Overall award will move on to be considered for the World Entrepreneur of the Year award in Monaco in June 2018.
For more information about EY and their Entrepreneur of the Year award, click here.