WirelessCar in Detroit, a digital vehicles services company for connected cars, announced this week at CES 2022 in Las Vegas the launch of Smart EV Routing, which enables EV drivers to optimize their long-distance journeys.
The digital product uses real-time dynamic vehicle data combines with intelligent routing algorithms to offer a sophisticated connected rout planner.
“Our Smart EV Routing tool ensures that drivers of electric vehicles have all the information they need to make their journey as smooth, efficient, and safe as possible,” says Martin Rosell, CEO of WirelessCar. “We’re empowering both OEMs and EV owners with the information they need to be confident in EV ownership and on long distance journeys.”
WirelessCar works directly with auto manufacturers to provide services and integrations specifically tailored to them. As a result, OEMs will be able to address one of the primary factors behind EV hesitation: range.
“WirelessCar has more than 20 years of hands-on experience developing, delivering and operating secure digital solutions and products for connected cars,” says Rosell. “With the growing number of EVs on the road and a critical shift to a more electric future, WirelessCar will be a prominent player in providing professional services and products such as Smart EV Routing, to both car makers and their customers.”
The Smart EV Routing utilizes an array of input parameters, such as real-time vehicle telemetry data plus environmental data, which is combined with intelligent routing algorithms in order to plan and optimize the best possible route for an EV journey.
Factors that impact energy efficiency in EVs include outside temperature and weather conditions, road conditions and elevation, driving style, vehicle weight, and more. It provides continuously updated dynamic car data so drivers can make the most informed decisions in real time.
Features of Smart EV Routing for both OEMs and consumers include:
- Content provider-agnostic: OEMs can use the content providers of their choice when it comes to visual maps and charging points.
- Unified experience in-car and on smartphone app to deliver a seamless and intuitive experience in the car’s head-unit and on the customer’s mobile device.
- Cloud-based and scalable infrastructure to maintain consistent performance regardless of the number of active vehicles.
- Includes the most relevant parameters to eliminate potential frustrations during longer journeys by optimizing their trip based on total time or other preferences.
- Data-agnostic and flexible design gives OEMs multiple integration options and can use existing data providers to meet specific customer demand.