Detroit-based automotive seating supplier Adient today announced it will showcase future mobility solutions during the 2018 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) from Jan. 15-18 at Detroit’s Cobo Center.
Specifically, Adient will present its AI18 interior seating concept for urban, electrically powered, and autonomous vehicles. The seats adapt to the requirements of different users, and is suited for car sharing and other mobility alternatives.
“The automotive industry is on the cusp of a fundamental disruption,” says Bruce McDonald, Adient’s chairman and CEO. “Autonomous vehicles, and car-and ride-sharing call for bold new solutions to address safety, comfort, and convenience in an autonomous interior.”
Additionally, Adient’s new mobility seats will feature:
- Increased efficiency through lightweighting
- Advanced passive and active safety and security for occupants, property, and data
- Well-crafted interior harmony with high material, tactile, and sound quality
- Comfortable and flexible seating configurations to enhance productivity and well-being
- Intelligent and responsible processes, designs, and use of materials
Adient’s premium brand, Recaro Automotive Seating, will also share its Performance Seat Platform and Performance SUV concept, with aftermarket sport seats and a limited edition of its performance shell seat.
Adient is a NAIAS event sponsor and its exhibit will be open to the media and invited guests in Room 310B at Cobo Center from Jan. 15-18.
Key dates for the 2018 Detroit Auto Show include:
- Jan. 13: The Gallery at Cobo Center Atrium (New location)
- Jan. 14-21: AutoMobili-D
- Jan. 14-16: Press Preview
- Jan. 17-18: Industry Preview
- Jan. 19: Charity Preview
- Jan. 20-28: Public Show
For more information and for tickets, click here.