On the eve of last weekend’s Rolex Daytona 24 sports car race in Daytona Beach, Fla., Chevrolet introduced the 2019 Corvette Drivers Series special edition Grand Sport models designed in collaboration with the Corvette Racing team. The new packages are available this spring and have an additional MSRP of $4,995 for 1LT and 2LT trims and $5,995 for the 3LT trim to the base Corvette MSRP of $55,900.
Each of the four versions has a specific exterior color and unique graphics package inspired by Corvette Racing drivers Tommy Milner, Oliver Gavin, Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia.
“The Corvette Drivers Series celebrates Corvette Racing’s winning legacy, which is driven by a world-class team of drivers from around the globe,” says Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. “Each driver worked with Chevrolet designers on the graphics for their respective edition, giving the cars distinctly personalized appearances.”
Magnussen and Garcia finished sixth in the GTLM class and 16th overall in the annual IMSA season kickoff at the famous Daytona track. Milner and Garvin finished eighth in class and 29th overall.
Offered on Grand Sport 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trims, the color and graphics packages for the vehicles include:
Tommy Milner Edition: Elkhart Lake Blue exterior with silver stripes and red hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black Suede interior (leather seats on 1LT) with red seat belts.
Oliver Gavin Edition: Shadow Gray exterior with Torch Red center stripe and Torch Red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe, red brake calipers. Adrenaline Red interior with red seat belts.
Jan Magnussen Edition: Arctic White exterior with Crystal Red stripes and gray hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior with red seat belts; red stitching on 3LT trim.
Antonio Garcia Edition: Racing Yellow exterior with “Jake” stinger stripe, red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior; yellow stitching on 3LT trim.
Each edition receives a driver-specific interior plaque and other unique trim details, and models with the 3LT trim include carbon fiber interior trim.
“Customers can select the version of their favorite Corvette Racing driver or simply choose the one with the color and graphics that appeals the most to them,” says Majoros. “And like the drivers they represent, each special edition is a winner.”
Similar to the Corvette Racing C7.R race cars, the Grand Sport-based Drivers Series models feature a naturally aspirated, 460-horsepower V-8 engine that features a dry-sump oiling system designed to support high-performance track driving.
Additional features include:
- Wide fenders and rear quarter panels that accommodate large 19×10-inch front and 20×12-inch rear wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat summer-only tires.
- Functional brake ducts and enhanced cooling package.
- Brembo brake system with 14.6-inch rotors and six-piston calipers in front and 14.4-inch rotors and four-piston calipers in the rear.
- Magnetic ride control, specific stabilizer bars and unique springs.
- Electronic limited-slip differential.
- Five-position driver mode selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to fit the driver’s environment.
- Available Z07 package adds larger carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer-only tires.
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel.
- Front Curb View Camera2 on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Head-up display included on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Heated and ventilated leather-appointed seats on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Leather-wrapped interior with suede upper interior trim included on 3LT.