Chevrolet and Hot Wheels has announced the 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Edition, which features a commemorative package and Crush exterior color and stripes that replicate the toys’ iconic orange tracks. Retailing for $4,995, the package is available on the Camaro 2LT and 2SS coupe and convertible models and will go on sale in the first quarter of 2018.
“The Chevrolet Performance design studio is full of designers who were inspired by Hot Wheels,” says Tom Peters, director of exterior design for Chevrolet performance cars. “The Camaro Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Edition captures that passion, turning childhood fantasy into reality.”
Camaro and Hot Wheels have worked together on design and performance since 1967, when the Camaro offered a distinctive design, available hidden headlamps, and a front sub-frame for enhanced responsiveness and refinement. In 1968, Hot Wheels added wide wheels and low-friction axles to make their toy cars faster.
“In the 1960s Hot Wheels and Camaro challenged vehicle design by elevating the speed, power, and performance of both die-cast and pony cars alike. For 50 years, both brands have developed high-performance cars that embody the challenger spirit,” says Chris Down, senior vice president and global brand GM, Hot Wheels. “We’re thrilled that fans can now experience the essence of Hot Wheels in this special edition Camaro.”
The 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Edition is available with the following content:
- Satin Graphite stripes with Silver Ice Metallic accents
- Satin Graphite ground effects
- 20-inch forged aluminum wheels (with summer-only tires on SS) in Satin Graphite with milled faces and unique center caps
- 50th Anniversary Hot Wheels fender badges
- Unique grille with Galvano Chrome inserts
- Orange brake calipers
- Dark tail lamps
- Black tail lamp panel with the Hot Wheels emblem
- Black Chevrolet bowtie emblems
- Jet Black leather-appointed interior with exclusive orange inserts and orange accent stitching
- Orange kneepads on the doors and orange safety belts
- Embossed front-seat headrests
- 50th Anniversary Hot Wheels badge on the steering wheel
- Illuminated doorsill plates with 50th Anniversary Hot Wheels badges
- Premium carpeted floor mats with orange stitching and “ghost” stripes
The Camaro Hot Wheels Edition joins approximately 30 other Chevrolet models that will be on display at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas from Oct. 31-Nov. 3.
More information can be found here.