Cadillac is updating its segment-leading luxury SUV Escalade with a black-accented 2019 Sport Edition for which dealers can begin taking orders early next year.
Offered on Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Platinum model Escalades, the new Sport Edition is distinguished by gloss black exterior trim, including the front grilles, window moldings, body side moldings as well as a unique Midnight Silver finish on the standard 22-inch wheels.
“Two decades after its introduction, the Escalade remains the segment’s benchmark and sales leader,” says Steve Carlisle, Cadillac’s president. “The Sport Edition extends that momentum in response to customer and dealer demand for a dark and aggressive look.”
Escalade has led the full-size luxury SUV segment in sales for 15 of its 20 years on the road, driven by a blend of style, capability, technology, and craftsmanship, according to the automaker.
A 420-horsepoeer 6.2L V-8 engine drives all models. Each Escalade is available in 2WD and 4WD configurations and can go from 0 to 60 mph in less than 6 seconds.
As with other Cadillac models, the Escalade features the latest Cadillac user experience system, offering connectivity and embedded navigation with intuitive, smartphone-like functionality.
Additional features include:
- Magnetic Ride Control with driver-selectable modes.
- Available 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Automatic Parking Assist.
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats with power-folding third row.
- Heated and cooled front seats with heated second-row bucket seats.
- Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood accents.
- 12.3-inch-diagonal instrument cluster display with high-resolution digital driver information center.
- Bose Centerpoint audio system featuring 16 speakers.
- Hands-free liftgate with Cadillac logo illumination.
The Escalade Sport Edition package is $2,700, and the starting MSRP is $84,790.