Detroit automaker General Motors Co. today announced the 2018 Regal GS, which features a 310-horsepower V-6, nine-speed transmission and intelligent all-wheel drive (AWD) with an active twin clutch. The sedan, which has a MSRP that begins at $39,990, is expected to be available at dealerships in February.
“This is a sport sedan designed for everyday driving,” says Duncan Aldred, vice president for Global Buick and GMC. “The new Regal GS is in the sweet spot of the market: more refined and luxurious than the mainstream, more value for the price with style, and premium features on par with higher-end competitors, and with standard features like AWD with active twin clutch and a rear sport back design that will surprise customers with its usefulness.”
The 2018 Regal GS includes:
- GS-specific, AGR-certified, performance seats that are heated, cooled and massaging with adjustable seat and seat-back bolsters as well as thigh support
- Second-generation Continuous Damping Control capable of 500 adjustments per second and Interactive Drive Control with GS and Sport modes
- Unique sport front and rear fascia, side skirts and rear spoiler
- Standard 19-inch wheels
- Performance brakes with Brembo front calipers
- Sport-tuned exhaust system
- Sport flat-bottom steering wheel and metal pedals
- Available head-up display
The vehicle’s intelligent AWD system can precisely transfer torque between the rear wheels for a more refined and efficient performance, and Interactive Drive Control allows the driver to tailor the car’s dynamics based on different driving experiences through a standard setting or Sport and GS modes.
Every 2018 Regal comes equipped with a three month/three gigabyte trial of OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi and access to an unlimited data plan for $20 per month, as well as five years on the OnStar basic plan at no additional cost. Buick drivers can also utilize the MyBuick app and OnStar Smart Driver for further connectivity.