The American Society of Employers (ASE), one of the nation’s oldest and largest employer associations, today announced its Talent Symposium will be held on September 13 at the MSU Management Education Center in Troy. The day-long event tackles one of the greatest issues organizations are facing today: talent acquisition and retention.
“ASE’s most recent member survey revealed that the top human resource issue organizations are facing today revolve around employee recruitment and retention,” says Mary Corrado, president and CEO of ASE.
“This conference not only covers innovative ways to acquire new talent but also how to grow talent from within your organization and build strong leaders. We’ve broken our sessions down into three core areas which include acquiring talent, managing that talent, and developing talent. All three are necessary to succeed in today’s competitive market.”
The symposium will feature a morning and afternoon keynote speaker. The morning speaker is Kevin C. Snyder, a professional speaker and Price is Right enthusiast, who will present The E.D.G.E Factor: Strategies from Extraordinary Leaders. The afternoon keynote will be presented by Kurt A. David, a speaker, best-selling author, and creator of the Emmy Award winning TV Show, “From Glory Days.” He will present Positive Leadership: Nine Principles of Leadership Development.
Other highlights of the event include breakout sessions:
· Using Professional Apprenticeship Programs to Fill the Skills Gap
· Eight Ingredients That Help Teams Succeed
· Failwave! The Next Wave of Failures Will Be Driven by a Lack of Talent
· An Untapped Talent Pool – How Neurodiverse Workers Bring Valuable Skills to the Workplace
· Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast
· How to Identify and Leverage Strengths in Any Situation
· Preparing the Soil – Growing People That Belong
· It’s Not Me, It’s You! Changing Defensive Communication™
· Using LinkedIn to Grow Your Talent Pipeline and Improve Employer Branding
The ASE Talent Symposium on September 13 begins at 8:00 a.m. and concludes at 4:00 p.m. For a complete conference agenda, registration, and pricing information, visit ASE website.