General Motors Co.’s Cadillac division is adding numerous features to the 2021 CT4 and CT5 sedans, available in dealerships this fall, including technology, performance, and interior upgrades.
One of the most noticeable advances is a new available high-definition 12-inch diagonal instrument cluster, while the infotainment system will offer wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities. In addition, the sedans will feature SiriusXM with 360L, which provides travelers with more than 200 live SiriusXM channels, plus on-demand programming choices.
An available rotary infotainment knob, located on the center console, provides jog functionality for easier maneuverability to make selections on the infotainment screen.
In turn, Enhanced Super Cruise with Lane Change on Demand functionality will be available on the CT4 and CT5 Premium Luxury and V-Series trims in early 2021. Super Cruise is regarded as the industry’s first true hands-free driver assistance system for compatible highways in the U.S. and Canada.
The vehicles also come equipped with a new standard Buckle to Drive feature. If the driver’s seat belt is not buckled when the car starts and Buckle to Drive is turned on, the feature will prevent the shifter from leaving Park for up to 20 seconds, or until the driver’s seat belt is buckled, whichever comes first. It can be disabled via the infotainment system.
Other standard features include Teen Driver, a system that helps teens — who have the lowest rate of seat belt use of any age group, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — develop safe driving habits.
On the CT4 Luxury trim, Forward Collision Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking, Automatic Emergency Braking, and the patented haptic Safety Alert Seat now come standard.
In early 2021, both the CT4 and CT5 will offer a new special edition package on the Premium Luxury trim called Diamond Sky. The package features unique exterior and interior components, including:
- New Diamond Sky Metallic exterior color
- Luxury design front grille with exclusive bright accents and surrounds
- Rocker extensions in Diamond Sky Metallic exterior color
- Rear lower air diffuser painted with Diamond Sky Metallic exterior color
- Alloy wheels with Diamond Cut/Midnight Silver finish; all-season run-flat tires
- Available larger alloy wheels with Polished/Dark Android Gloss finish; all-season run-flat tires
- Brembo V Performance front brakes with blue brake calipers (all four corners)
- Neutral density transparent lens taillamps with crystalline inners
- Sky Cool Gray/Jet Black leather seating surface interior with exclusive Diamond Fall custom seat insert perforation
- Exclusive interior trim: Centaurus Finish Aluminum on CT4 and Galaxy Finish Wood on CT5
- Alloy driver pedals
- Diamond Sky Metallic accented key fob with color Cadillac crest logo
Now in its fourth generation, Cadillac’s V-Series sub-brand will offer material improvements to the 2021 CT4-V and CT5-V, including upgraded Modena leather on the performance steering wheel, along with a standard leather-wrapped horn pad. In addition, the front brake calipers are now V Performance branded with the V-Series logo.
On the CT4-V, the center console trim has been updated from aluminum to carbon fiber.
Select V-Series content is now available on the Sport trim of each vehicle as well. The CT5 Sport trim now offers an available V Performance package, which includes an upgraded performance suspension, Magnetic Ride Control and mechanical limited-slip differential. Brembo V Performance front brakes are also available on the Sport trim for both CT4 and CT5, with a choice of red or blue calipers.
On both the CT4 and CT5, two new exterior colors — Infrared Tintcoat and Rift Metallic (V-Series only) — replace the outgoing colors Red Obsession Tintcoat and Royal Spice Metallic.
Rift Metallic is a new color exclusive to the CT5-V and CT4-V. It is an alabaster white-based color with a fresh greige hue. Infrared Tintcoat is a new cherry red color that draws attention to each sedans’ bold exterior styling.