GMC announced upgrades to the 2018 Yukon Denali lineup, including styling and trim enhancements and a new 10-speed automatic transmission.
The Yukon Denali’s new 10-speed automatic leverages the engineering experience of General Motors Co.’s multispeed transmissions to deliver improved performance. A wider, 7.38 overall gear ratio spread, compared to the vehicle’s previous eight-speed automatic, enables a lower numerical top gear ratio and contributes to greater efficiency.
Exterior styling includes the multidimensional sculpted grille, which is also seen on other new GMC models, including the Acadia and Terrain. In addition to a more sophisticated appearance, the new grille also offers greater airflow to the radiator, and active aero shutters behind the grille close in certain conditions on the highway to reduce drag and increase efficiency.
“Yukon Denali has always matched style with substance, and the enhancements for 2018 advance that legacy,” says Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC. “The foundational elements of exclusive design, premium touches and uncompromising capability have made Yukon Denali an icon for nearly 20 years.”
Other standard and available features include:
- 420-hp 6.2L V-8 engine with direct injection and Active Fuel Management
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control, tow/haul mode, trailer sway control, auto grade braking, and hill start assist
- Magnetic Ride Control for improved body motion control
- Standard 20-inch wheels and available 22-inch wheels
- Automatic locking rear differential
- Four-wheel-disc brakes with Duralife brake rotors
- Active Noise Cancellation for a quieter interior
- 8-inch diagonal GMC Infotainment system with Navigation includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Standard 8-inch diagonal customizable driver display with head-up display
- Multiple USB ports and accessory power outlets, including a 110-volt three-prong outlet, to support electronic devices
- OnStar Basic Plan is standard for five years and includes access to an in-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot and select features via the myGMC mobile app
- Wireless phone charging
- Heated and ventilated driver and passenger seats, heated second-row seats
- Hands-free programmable power liftgate
The 2018 Yukon Denali is expected to go on sale this fall.