The 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD All Mountain concept will debut this week at Vail Mountain. Built on a GMC Denali 4WD Crew Cab platform, the vehicle supplements GMC’s traditional design with tank-like tracks to help it navigate snow covered terrain.
The All Mountain concept can tackle steep slopes and handle extreme weather conditions, combining the power of a 6.6 liter turbo-diesel V-8 engine and the Sierra 2500HD Denali’s interior appointments.
“With GMC’s focus on premium capability and design, we wanted to ensure that this concept took these signature attributes to an entirely new level,” says Carl Zipfel, GMC’s exterior designer. “The Sierra All Mountain concept Mattracks technology enables the truck to conquer uncharted territory while highlighting premium interior features such as Bose speakers and upscale leather treatments.”
The Sierra All Mountain Concept features:
- Mattracks 150 Series Tracks with GMC Red finish
- Bodyside graphics
- Wheel well and underbody LED lights
- Snowboard Racks, associated accessories by Thule
- Amplifier and Dual Pod Speaker Kit, associated accessories by Kicker
- RIGID E-Series 30-Inch Light Bar
- Soft roll-up tonneau cover by Advantage
- Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel engine with 445 horsepower and 910 pounds per foot of torque
- Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission
The GMC Sierra All Mountain will remain on display at Vail Resorts for the winter season as part of an exclusive partnership announced earlier this year. A similar vehicle built on a Sierra 2500HD All Terrain X platform will be on display at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show.