BUSINESS: Private equity firm made up of 130+ companies with $30 billion in combined revenue at time of acquisition
EXECUTIVE: Tom Gores, chairman and CEO
HEADQUARTERS: Beverly Hills, Calif.
NET WORTH: $2.5B (Forbes, 2012)
Platinum Equity — Michigan-based Operations
- Palace Sports and Entertainment, Auburn Hills, 230 employees
- Active Aero Group (USA Jet Airlines), logistics and charter operations in Belleville (Willow Run Airport), 270 employees
- SMW International, auto equipment supplier, Troy, 826 employees*
- Acument Global Technologies, fastener supplier, Troy, 753 employees
- Diversified Machine Inc., auto equipment supplier, Wixom, 535 employees
- PBH Marine (Four Winns, Glastron, Wellcraft brands), sport and recreational boat manufacturer, Cadillac, 470 employees
* Platinum Equity is merging SMW International and Diversified Machine Inc. In addition, Platinum Equity operates six other companies in Michigan, but the headquarters are based elsewhere. They include Alliance Entertainment, Data2Logistics, DMS Health Technologies, MegaPath, Pomeroy, and Ryerson.