Speakers Announced for Sustainable Brands Detroit Conference From May 22-25
SB'17 Detroit will bring 300 brand leaders and sustainability executives to Detroit's Cobo Center.
Photo Courtesy: Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands Detroit (SB’17 Detroit) today announced Hamdi Ulukaya, CEO of the popular yogurt maker, Chobani, will be speaking at the four-day conference, along with executives from Google, Apple, General Electric, IBM, Lyft, and many more.
SB’17 Detroit will be held May 22-25 at Cobo Center in Detroit. Thousands of brand leaders, sustainability professionals, and design innovators are expected to convene for the conference and discuss ways to improve life for citizens worldwide in their respective industries.
Sustainable Brands is a community of global business leaders committed to brand value creation through sustainability-led innovation. This year’s conference also serves as the launch of a five-continent campaign, Redefining the Good Life, an initiative to discover how redefined societal aspirations are transforming the way brands deliver value to their customers.
More than 300 executives and brand leaders will participate, including:
- Daniel Lubetzky, CEO of KIND Snacks, who will share his perspective about the role of business in building an empathetic society and how his company is helping in this effort.
- Virginie Helias, vice president global sustainability at P&G, who will share brand new insight into how the company is looking to enable positive consumption in pursuit of the good life.
- Pashon Murray, co-founder of Detroit Dirt, who will demonstrate the opportunity for brands to contribute to the rejuvenation of cities in decline.
- Nadya Zhexembayeva, CEO of Reinvention Institute, who will offer perspectives on why and how brands need to equip themselves for continuous reinvention in an increasingly dynamic world
- Leith Sharp, director of executive education for sustainability leadership at Harvard University, who will offer a model for enabling continuous transformational leadership into today’s organizations hindered by 20th century operating models.
- Ryan Williams, who will share how Method is reinvigorating one community through local, sustainable manufacturing.
- Ricardo Caceres, global marketing director for sustainability at Coca-Cola, who will speak about embedding sustainability priorities within marketing and brand innovation teams.
- Nelson Switzer, chief sustainability officer at Nestlé Waters, who will offer insight into how brands should orient themselves in the political fray post-US election.
Now in its 10th year, SB’17 officials elected to move the event to Detroit because it’s a place of “burgeoning innovation where businesses and communities can thrive and create a sustainable future,” according to the website.
Registration is currently open and more information can be found here.