Comcast to Hire 400 New Employees Over Next Year
Comcast today announced it will add 400 new positions in Michigan over the next year. More than 300 of the new jobs are customer care roles that will support service-related inquiries for subscribers at the company’s call centers in Ann Arbor, Plymouth, and Sterling Heights.
“Our company has deep roots here in Michigan that go back several decades,” saiys Tim Collins, regional senior vice president for Comcast in Michigan. “By adding nearly 400 new jobs to the existing 4,300 employees within the state, we’re reaffirming our commitment to this region while sending a clear message that customer satisfaction is our top priority.”
Collins says Comcast’s hiring efforts support the company’s nationwide focus on improving the customer service, which includes:
- Hiring 5,500 new workers over the next three years and adding three new call centers, part of a $300 million investment being made this year.
- Investing in technology and training to give employees the tools they need to deliver better service.
- Simplifying billing and creating better policies for customers.
- Renovating hundreds of stores across the country and developing new technologies to let customers interact with the company at their convenience.
- Offering an app that allows customers to view the status of their Comcast technician and rate their appointments, and a $20 credit when a technician is late or doesn’t show up.
- Tripling the size of its social care team to serve customers more quickly.
The company also has openings at its service centers and in technical operations, marketing and sales to support residential and business customers.