Compuware Revenue Jumps Nearly 9 Percent to $1.01B
DETROIT— Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq: CPWR), the technology performance company, on Wednesday announced financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2012.
"Compuware has aligned itself for growth, as every one of our business units produced year-over-year revenue expansion in FY '12," said Compuware CEO Bob Paul. "With nearly 40 percent of revenues now generated by our high-growth solutions — APM, Changepoint and Covisint—the company is positioned to deliver meaningful increases in revenue and earnings."
Fiscal Year 2012 Results (March 31, 2012):
- Software license fees were $220.9 million, up 13 percent from FY '11
- Maintenance fees were $427.5 million, up 2 percent from FY '11
- Subscription fees were $78.4 million, up 16 percent from FY '11
- Professional services revenues were $209.2 million, up 9 percent from FY'11
- Application services fees were $73.7 million, up 34 percent from FY '11
- During FY '12, total revenues were $1.01 billion, up 9 percent from last year. Net income was $88.4 million, compared to $107.4 million in the previous year. Earnings per share were 40 cents, compared to 48 cents in FY '11, based on 222.4 million and 226.1 million shares outstanding, respectively, as the company absorbed the financial impact of the dynaTrace acquisition and also made a number of targeted investments in its growth businesses.
Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2012 Results
- Software license fees were $67.9 million, up 22 percent from Q4 last year
- Maintenance fees were $104.6 million, compared to $105.1 million in Q4 last year
- Subscription fees were $20.3 million, up 7 percent from Q4 last year
- Professional services revenues were $51.8 million, compared to $52.6 million in Q4 last year
- Application services fees were $21.4 million, up 24 percent from Q4 last year.
- Total revenues were $266.0 million, up 7 percent from Q4 last year. Net income was $27.1 million compared to $34.8 million in Q4 last year.
- Earnings per share were 12 cents, compared to 16 cents in Q4 last year.
For fiscal 2013, Compuware expects total revenues of $1.07 to $1.08 billion and earnings of 45 to 49 cents per share. This represents growth of approximately 7 percent in revenue and 18 percent in earnings per share. The company expects cash flow from operations consistent with this year's.