Jun 30, 2012 to Jul 1, 2012
LAKE ORION — The Scottish American Society of Michigan will host its 2nd annual Scottish Highland Games and Festival at Canterbury Village on Saturday, June 30 and Sunday, July 1.
Admission for the event is only $5 per person with kids under eight free. Parking is free. Canterbury Village features an Always Christmas Shop, indoor carousel, specialty shops and is a designated historical landmark in the State of Michigan that extends over 21 acres. The Village is located at 2369 Jocelyn Court in Lake Orion.
“Michigan has some great Highland Games Festivals in Alma, Saline, Kalamazoo, Hancock, and Livonia each year, but this festival gives people in Oakland County and surrounding areas a place to go to enjoy all things Scottish without having to spend a lot of money on gas or admission prices,” says Franklin Dohanyos, Executive Director of the Scottish American Society of Michigan. “The best thing is, the price and atmosphere is very family friendly. We have terrific entertainment going on all day, delicious Scottish foods, lots of fun things for kids to do and see, plus new vendors and a great Ceilidh on Saturday night featuring Shamus Whiskey.” The area’s newest Highland Games will feature:
• Heavy athletics competition
• Scottish Dance Demonstration from Lakes Area School of Highland Dance
• Irish Dance Demonstration from Tir Na N’og
• Michigan Scottish Pipe Band
• Inflatables and bounce house area
• Scottish baked goods from Ackroyd’s Scottish bakery
• Raggle Taggle Band
• Celtic Fiddling featuring Shane McKinnon from Windsor, Ontario
• Free kids craft and games area with kids Caber Toss
• Various vendor and food booths
• A Ceilidh on Saturday night from 7 to 9 pm featuring Shamus Whiskey
For more information:
Scottish American Society of Michigan
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.
|This site is a member of the City & Regional Magazine Association Online Network|